vishalsab2003
06-04 09:04 PM
Hi Friend, what finally happened to your petition , was that accepted as is by USCIS. I am recently in the same position where attorney showed intent to extend my h1B beyond 6 years but i dont have old enough labor and I140 is not even aapplied. I can recapture 6 months of time but he showed full 1 year , did you face any issue. My attorney told me nothing to worry as they will give H1 till whatever time we will establish,
wallpaper days.jpg Best Friend[s] Quote

silk2fire
10-15 01:51 PM
I had only one lud after fingerprints code 3 (same Day - Thu day).
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
bobbydalal
08-24 12:05 PM
Hi i just wanna clarify one thing. Ur date is far from being current and they already called u for ur interview is that rite.
2011 love you est friend quotes.

sunny1000
11-19 06:10 PM
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending.
On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?
Thanks in advance.
Current Status: Case received and pending.
On October 14, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
I have a question. Mine was filed on Aug 15th but, the online status says that it was received on 10/14. Is this common or is this in error? Should I call CS?
Thanks in advance.
more...
babu123
06-28 03:54 PM
I work in VA. Can we send the I-485 filing documents to TX now.
Or we need to send to Nebrasa only?
Or we need to send to Nebrasa only?
gconmymind
08-27 05:21 PM
I think you will not be able to apply for Visa renewal. You will be applying for H1 stamp for the first time hence it is a new visa applicaiton. this is per my understanding, please check with your lawyer. You can also send an email to the consulate (email address on VFS website). They will answer withing 3 business days...Goodluck
VFS website for booking H1B stamping appointments in India seems to have added a new question when booking a H1B appointment.
The question is "Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months?*" and they have defined the Visa renewal criteria (which I have pasted below) in order to answer this question. Yes- means you are seeking a appointment for visa renewal and No - means your appt is NOT for visa renewal.
Can somebody advice if me and my wife would fall under the visa renewal category. The last US visa on my passport is F1. My H1b status started in May 2004 and I am now in my 4rth year of H1B. In between I changed employer and my H1 is now valid upto October 2008. But I have NOT travelled outside the country after my H1B status began in May 2004. Hence I am going to get my H1B stamped for the first time. In my wife's case also her last stamp is F1 and she went from F1 to H4 this year so she is also going to get her H4 stamped for the first time. Do we answer YES (appt for visa renewal) or NO(appt not for visa renewal). We are booking a appointment at the Mumbai consulate.
The below is the visa renewal criteria as defined on the website:
Visa renewal appointments are available to visa applicants who:
have a U.S. visa that has expired less than 12 months ago.
wish to apply for the same category visa (work, business, tourist, etc.)
are Indian nationals (hold Indian passports)
are resident in the New Delhi, Chennai, or Mumbai consular districts (this category is not available to Kolkata based applicants).
The following applicants do NOT qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category:
Applicants who have never had a US visa.
Applicants who have a U.S. visa that expired more than 12 months ago.
Applicants applying for a different category visa (e.g. had a student visa, now applying for a work visa).
Non Indian passport holders
Applicants applying at the U.S. Consulate in Kolkata.
First time H4 or L2 applicants under 18 years of age. (If you have recently married a H1b or L1 visa holder but have never had a visa interview for a visa in the H/L category, you may not schedule in the renewal category.)
Applicants applying for more than one visa at the same time (e.g. F and B1/B2).
Applicants applying for entertainment/performance visas(P3 category).
Applicants applying for unskilled worker visas (H2b category).
All visa renewal applicants should bring the following documents to the Embassy/Consulate Consular Section on the day of their appointment:
Current, valid passport
Passports containing previously issued U.S. visas
As applicable, I-797 (H and L), I-20 (F & M students), DS-2019 (J visa applicants)
VFS website for booking H1B stamping appointments in India seems to have added a new question when booking a H1B appointment.
The question is "Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months?*" and they have defined the Visa renewal criteria (which I have pasted below) in order to answer this question. Yes- means you are seeking a appointment for visa renewal and No - means your appt is NOT for visa renewal.
Can somebody advice if me and my wife would fall under the visa renewal category. The last US visa on my passport is F1. My H1b status started in May 2004 and I am now in my 4rth year of H1B. In between I changed employer and my H1 is now valid upto October 2008. But I have NOT travelled outside the country after my H1B status began in May 2004. Hence I am going to get my H1B stamped for the first time. In my wife's case also her last stamp is F1 and she went from F1 to H4 this year so she is also going to get her H4 stamped for the first time. Do we answer YES (appt for visa renewal) or NO(appt not for visa renewal). We are booking a appointment at the Mumbai consulate.
The below is the visa renewal criteria as defined on the website:
Visa renewal appointments are available to visa applicants who:
have a U.S. visa that has expired less than 12 months ago.
wish to apply for the same category visa (work, business, tourist, etc.)
are Indian nationals (hold Indian passports)
are resident in the New Delhi, Chennai, or Mumbai consular districts (this category is not available to Kolkata based applicants).
The following applicants do NOT qualify for appointments in the visa renewal category:
Applicants who have never had a US visa.
Applicants who have a U.S. visa that expired more than 12 months ago.
Applicants applying for a different category visa (e.g. had a student visa, now applying for a work visa).
Non Indian passport holders
Applicants applying at the U.S. Consulate in Kolkata.
First time H4 or L2 applicants under 18 years of age. (If you have recently married a H1b or L1 visa holder but have never had a visa interview for a visa in the H/L category, you may not schedule in the renewal category.)
Applicants applying for more than one visa at the same time (e.g. F and B1/B2).
Applicants applying for entertainment/performance visas(P3 category).
Applicants applying for unskilled worker visas (H2b category).
All visa renewal applicants should bring the following documents to the Embassy/Consulate Consular Section on the day of their appointment:
Current, valid passport
Passports containing previously issued U.S. visas
As applicable, I-797 (H and L), I-20 (F & M students), DS-2019 (J visa applicants)
more...
thamizhan
07-18 10:47 AM
Another one...
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-flbgreencard0718nbjul18,0,1655633.story?coll=sofla _tab01_layout
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2007/07/now-this-is-news.html
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-flbgreencard0718nbjul18,0,1655633.story?coll=sofla _tab01_layout
http://flprogressive.blogspot.com/2007/07/now-this-is-news.html
2010 Best Friends Forever Quote

madsat1234
06-01 01:04 PM
Received Appointment Letter today..
Asked for Medicals, Tax returns(Last 3 years), birth Certificate, and Affidavit of Support I834(mine is not Family based GC) why did they ask me. Is there anyone else in the same situation
I am the primary Applicant, PD Jul 2003, EB3
There are no visa numbers available for this category. Why Interview call..
Even if they selected my application randomly there are no visa numbers available..
Please help..
Asked for Medicals, Tax returns(Last 3 years), birth Certificate, and Affidavit of Support I834(mine is not Family based GC) why did they ask me. Is there anyone else in the same situation
I am the primary Applicant, PD Jul 2003, EB3
There are no visa numbers available for this category. Why Interview call..
Even if they selected my application randomly there are no visa numbers available..
Please help..
more...

thomachan72
10-04 02:50 PM
I don't think so, only Green cards and citizens are charged on world wide income.
Tony I wish what you said was true. There has been a great amount of discussion among our members a few months back when the last date for such disclosure was and the majority opinio was that everybody has to report all foreign accounts containing more than 10K. Interest on FDs are taxable and if you already paid tax in India then you have to disclose that in the IT returns here.
Anyway I dont know whether they would take the pain to check out all resident aliens who have bank accounts in their home countries unless, as you said, they become US citizens/GC holders.
Tony I wish what you said was true. There has been a great amount of discussion among our members a few months back when the last date for such disclosure was and the majority opinio was that everybody has to report all foreign accounts containing more than 10K. Interest on FDs are taxable and if you already paid tax in India then you have to disclose that in the IT returns here.
Anyway I dont know whether they would take the pain to check out all resident aliens who have bank accounts in their home countries unless, as you said, they become US citizens/GC holders.
hair funny est friends quotes. est
HereIComeGC
03-25 02:58 PM
Has anyone gone to Vancouver for H1B stamping? Please share your experience and any pointers. It will be a great help.
Also, I found this on Vancouver consolate website:
"Passports and visas will be returned to the applicants with Canadian addresses by Canada Post, generally within three to five business days after the visa is approved. In person pick up will be available only in a legitimate emergency (as determined by the Consulate). "
This is disconcerting. I do not have luxary to wait 3-5 days to get my stamped passport via mail. Is this a standard process? Will they allow in-person pick up the same day?
Thank you.
Also, I found this on Vancouver consolate website:
"Passports and visas will be returned to the applicants with Canadian addresses by Canada Post, generally within three to five business days after the visa is approved. In person pick up will be available only in a legitimate emergency (as determined by the Consulate). "
This is disconcerting. I do not have luxary to wait 3-5 days to get my stamped passport via mail. Is this a standard process? Will they allow in-person pick up the same day?
Thank you.
more...
skynet2500
06-19 05:47 PM
The only catch could be on the MMR. MMR needs two vaccinations. The two vaccines nmeed to have a 1 month gap. So if you take one and to medical exam, they will force you take the 2'nd one right there. Ofcourse they don't care about the gap since they want to make money
hot in love with my est friend

a_yaja
07-19 09:56 AM
I told him checking the tax returns is not CIS's function!! That is IRS.......he should relax. By the way, what happens if he approaches IRS saying it was an honest mistake and pays off the exsumption he took.
He can always file an amendment and pay up the money. In the amendment - he can state that he took the credit by mistake. Not sure if there is a time limit for filing amendment if you have to pay money. I know that there is a three year limit if you want to file for amendment and want to get a return/ refund.
He can always file an amendment and pay up the money. In the amendment - he can state that he took the credit by mistake. Not sure if there is a time limit for filing amendment if you have to pay money. I know that there is a three year limit if you want to file for amendment and want to get a return/ refund.
more...
house est friend quotes. quotes
san3297
09-04 04:39 PM
Thanks for a positive reply at last.I checked my both 797s my current one ends on Nov 14 and my future one starts at Nov 15.So i see there is no gap.Hopefully i will be good i guess.I am planning to go to Charlotte Border Security and see if they say me the same.Any way your comments made me rethink that i will be ok.
tattoo i love you est friend quotes.
Lasantha
03-24 03:17 PM
LOL - Yeah, you better grow a beard, cross the border and move to Mexico. You have been identified as a bad boy in these parts! :cool:
I am exposed now.
I am exposed now.
more...
pictures /98/1-Best-Friends.htmlquot;

kaisersose
05-28 12:43 PM
Greatly apprecite if anyone can give their inputs...
I have PD with dec 2006 and 140 approved. Filed 485 in July 2007. For october 2008 I will be done with 4 years of H1b. I am single and I may not get married untill later 2009 due to some family responsibalities. I am kind of concered about 485 getting approval by then which might jeoperdise my spouse visa later. Based on the present processing speed, mine might take minmum 2 years. But bit concerend what if USCICS make a mistake in processing 485 in terms of picking 485 from a later date and approving it?
Highly unlikely that they would approve a 485 when the PD is not current. The problem here is, even it has happened to someone, we will not see them come out and make an announcement as they fear their approval will be revoked. So we never hear of such cases.
So my query is...
1. If I now withdraw my 485 and later change company. SHould I again get a new labor and i140 approved with new company to file for 485.( Here I understand I can port my PD.).
Any inputs will be greatly apprecited....
Yes. You have to go through the process all over again, except you will be eligible for an earlier PD. The alternative is to seek employment with you original sponsor in which case, you can directly apply for 485 when your PD becomes current.
My advise is to stick to your 485 as 2006 is unlikely to become current by the time you get married. In the unlikely event of that happening, deal with the problem by trying to get your spouse in through other means.
I have PD with dec 2006 and 140 approved. Filed 485 in July 2007. For october 2008 I will be done with 4 years of H1b. I am single and I may not get married untill later 2009 due to some family responsibalities. I am kind of concered about 485 getting approval by then which might jeoperdise my spouse visa later. Based on the present processing speed, mine might take minmum 2 years. But bit concerend what if USCICS make a mistake in processing 485 in terms of picking 485 from a later date and approving it?
Highly unlikely that they would approve a 485 when the PD is not current. The problem here is, even it has happened to someone, we will not see them come out and make an announcement as they fear their approval will be revoked. So we never hear of such cases.
So my query is...
1. If I now withdraw my 485 and later change company. SHould I again get a new labor and i140 approved with new company to file for 485.( Here I understand I can port my PD.).
Any inputs will be greatly apprecited....
Yes. You have to go through the process all over again, except you will be eligible for an earlier PD. The alternative is to seek employment with you original sponsor in which case, you can directly apply for 485 when your PD becomes current.
My advise is to stick to your 485 as 2006 is unlikely to become current by the time you get married. In the unlikely event of that happening, deal with the problem by trying to get your spouse in through other means.
dresses happy birthday est friend
ajju
04-16 10:41 PM
While at J1-visa, my employer applied for H1B for me. After 3-months of no response from uscis, we sent a check for $1000 for 'premium processing'. My H1B was approved 4 days after check was mailed out. A week after approval Uscis 'REFUNDED' the check with a note the 'case was approved in regular process' hence the refund.
You can hope to get the refund and if not write to uscis and they are honest about these things.
Your premium fees arrived after your H1 approval.. otherwise its not refundable... Since he/she applied EAD/AP and after one week, 485 got approved.. They are mostly like deny the EAD/AP benefits saying you don't qualify... But its always good to call USCIS first hand and discuss the issue with customer rep to explain the situation...
USCIS # (800) 375-5283
You can hope to get the refund and if not write to uscis and they are honest about these things.
Your premium fees arrived after your H1 approval.. otherwise its not refundable... Since he/she applied EAD/AP and after one week, 485 got approved.. They are mostly like deny the EAD/AP benefits saying you don't qualify... But its always good to call USCIS first hand and discuss the issue with customer rep to explain the situation...
USCIS # (800) 375-5283
more...
makeup est friend quotes and sayings
pitha
05-22 07:28 PM
I am not sure it says only people who applied for I140 after May 21 retain there priority date. Everybody retains there priority date no matter when they applied for I140.
Since there is a quota, priority date will come into play. That is why the new bill specifies that those who files I-140 after May 21, 2007 and those whose LC are approved or pending will maintain their priority dates. Anyone who files under the new point based system will have their receipt dates as their priority dates.
Since there is a quota, priority date will come into play. That is why the new bill specifies that those who files I-140 after May 21, 2007 and those whose LC are approved or pending will maintain their priority dates. Anyone who files under the new point based system will have their receipt dates as their priority dates.
girlfriend est friends quotes and

kris04
10-08 04:59 PM
Yes, roseball, you got it right.
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?
GC is approved based on Good Faith that the sponsoring employer will employ you after GC is approved or you will work for sponsoring employer after GC is approved, if not then it could cause trouble for you during citizenship or your sponsoring employer could report to USCIS about the non-compliance--> This is legal term
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?
GC is approved based on Good Faith that the sponsoring employer will employ you after GC is approved or you will work for sponsoring employer after GC is approved, if not then it could cause trouble for you during citizenship or your sponsoring employer could report to USCIS about the non-compliance--> This is legal term
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
hairstyles est friends quotes and

Sirisian
08-28 03:27 PM
I'd like to see a zombie and a zombie hunter smilie. That would be sweet. I'm still working on a smiley to enter.
//Edit here...
Actually can someone make this smaller? I'm not a very good pixel artist so I just shrunk a stargate and edited it so that the chevrons showed up. It's a little goa'uld standing at the gate with glowing eyes. Doesn't show up on my CRT. Someone with an LCD might be able to see it. Also the gate doesn't look pixelated like it should.
http://www.kirupa.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=103
//Edit here...
Actually can someone make this smaller? I'm not a very good pixel artist so I just shrunk a stargate and edited it so that the chevrons showed up. It's a little goa'uld standing at the gate with glowing eyes. Doesn't show up on my CRT. Someone with an LCD might be able to see it. Also the gate doesn't look pixelated like it should.
http://www.kirupa.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=103
Catherine
06-23 09:46 AM
The link and article are a little confusing in that they say that divorce does not affect immigration status once a green card has been issued. This is not always correct. I have a green card but it has conditions, i.e. an expiration date. This is what married couples have to apply to have removed after two years (actually in a 90 day window prior to the two year anniversary of receiving the card).
If you divorce prior to that date, you will be unable to file jointly (or at least, technically you shouldn't, though I've heard of some couples that may have done so as their relationship is still amicable) to have the conditions removed and attain unconditional residency.
Thus, you could have a green card (with conditions) and divorce WOULD affect your immigration status. As per the article, you would need then to file a waiver to have the conditions removed and keep your green card past its expiration date.
Hope that helps someone.
If you divorce prior to that date, you will be unable to file jointly (or at least, technically you shouldn't, though I've heard of some couples that may have done so as their relationship is still amicable) to have the conditions removed and attain unconditional residency.
Thus, you could have a green card (with conditions) and divorce WOULD affect your immigration status. As per the article, you would need then to file a waiver to have the conditions removed and keep your green card past its expiration date.
Hope that helps someone.
PHANI_TAVVALA
12-06 09:15 AM
This is equivalent to $155,000/year. Indian companies like to report CTC (cost to company/compensation) rather than gross salary. So $155k CTC doesnot sound out of normal range salary ($90K gross +relocation+1 time sign-on+benefits (401k,medical, dental, bonus etc)) for someone working for a big tech firm in California.